Tuesday, April 14, 2009

American Idol Top 7: Now Playing...(Don't read if you don't want to know how it went!)

Top 7 - "Songs from the Cinema"

Guest celebrity - Quentin Tarrentino

Judges will only be speaking 2 at a time; I see this as a good thing; the show will move a little quicker and we won't be subjected to quite as much fluff.

Apparently, Tarrention has been here before, back in season 3. But I don't vote based on the opinions of judges and guests, I vote for who I think did the best. With that...here's my not-so-humble opinion.


Allison Iraheta - “Don’t Want to Miss a Thing - Aerosmith. I love this song. I prefer the country version, but this isn't bad. Allison picked one tonight that suited her style, I think. Top 3 performance tonight.

Anoop Desai - “Everything I Do” by Bryan Adams. (although the Stewie Griffin version was pretty cool too). Tarrentino advised him to "rough it up". I disagree, but lets see what the Noop Dawg does. Not bad, not bad; but I think Stewie's was better. Borderline top 3 tonight.

Adam Lambert - “Born to be Wild” by Steppenwolf. Hearing that he was going to do this song, I picture him riding out on stage on a motorcycle.No motorcycle, but Adam quickly takes control of the stage. Millions of women are just wondering if they hit menopause early, thanks to all the hot flashes taking over. Simon has a point with how one segment of the audience will love it, another segment will despise it. I despised his version of Ring of Fire back in country week, so yeah. But still, easily one of tonight's top 3.

Matt Giraud - “To Really Love a Woman” by Bryan Adams. Yawn. Sounds like something I would hear in a piano bar. Matt can go bye-bye now.

Danny Gokey - “Endless Love” by Diana Ross. 1st thought: this could be trouble for him, but in spots, I could almost pick up a little Joe Cocker. Much better performance than it could have been. Best performance from him in several weeks.

Kris Allen - “Falling Slowly” by Glen Hansard. I have never heard this song before. Never heard of the movie it came from. Had to look it up on YouTube. Potential snoozefest here. Yup. Not his best work.

Lil Rounds - “The Rose” by Bette Midler. So which do we get tonight? The Lil Rounds who wowed us in the beginning? or the Lil Rounds who has been slowly slipping away as a copycat artist (whom we would all LOVE if were at karaoke night, btw). I heard this song many times as a karaoke host, and I think my favorite performance so far was on an episode of Family Guy, by Peter and the rest of the family (minus Stewie). Lil has chosen to put more of a gospel flair into this song and its a wonderful change from her performances over the past few weeks.

So...my bottom 3 tonight is a tough call, but I'll say its Matt, Kris, Lil. Based on tonight's performance, I don't think Lil deserves to go home just yet, but I'm guessing it may come down to Matt and Lil.

No comments: