Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Top 10's Best - Some guy with Dark Hair (Idol Spoilers below!)

OK, So where the hell is Hiro Nakamura when you need him?

I’m beginning my note taking for tonight’s Idol a little late because I just got back from Kansas City. Tammy just flew in from Indiana and boy, are her arms tired! And at some point, I’m going to be back and forth trying to impress her a little more with my culinary skills.

It’s MoTown week, and Smokey Robinson is the mentor.

At any rate, the TV is on and Scott MacIntyre has just received his critique and Simon was presented with some crayons and a coloring book for some reason. Matt & Kris have already performed as well.

4) Megan Joy Corkery – For Once in My Life – heh…for once in my life, I get to watch Idol with Tammy! And it’s not a retrospect on the tv guide channel either! But as for the performance, for once in my life, can someone please locate a decent performance that this girl has done? I know she’s top 10 for a reason, so obviously she has sang something well during her idol experience but for the life of me, I can’t remember what it was. Too bad too, because she’s the only blonde female left for me to root for now that Alexis is gone.

5) Anoop Desai – Ooh, Baby Baby – mentor session looked good, let’s see how the performance goes. Starts off good, Noop Dawg has soul! Noop Dawg has style! Noop Dawg is back from the dead! I don’t know about the judges, but I like it!

6) Michael Sarver – Ain’t Too Proud to Beg – I’m laughing inside because Tammy and I are writing down completely opposite reviews of Michael, LOL. While I will agree with her assessment to a point, I must say that tonight’s performance is better than the last couple that he has done. I don’t think it will keep him out of the bottom 3 again, but we will see.

7) Lil Rounds – Heatwave – Well…she looks the part! A little under par for Lil this week, I thought. While I like the song and all, I’m not sure it was the right choice for her. Something just didn’t seem quite right with her – and you know she did something wrong because it was Kara – not Paula – who told her she looked beautiful to start off the critique.

8) Adam Lambert – Tracks of my Tears – OK, I almost didn’t recognize him, he is so out of character tonight. His hair is greased up and combed back, he’s wearing a sports jacket and dress shirt, and there is absolutely NONE of that distortion and crap he brought out during Ring of Fire last week. This performance is the best I’ve heard tonight and should go a long long ways toward putting him back at the top of voting chart (as if he needed it)

9) Danny Gokey – Get Ready – In my defense, I was out of the room putting the finishing touches on dinner during this performance. But from what I could hear, it sounded damn good. A lot better than his performance last week. Consider him safe again this week.

10) Allison Iraheta – Papa was a Rolling Stone – When I was much much younger, I used to think this song was about Mick Jagger. The girl has got some soul to go with those chops! I liked it, but then I’ve been a fan of hers since the semifinal round.

Short and sweet, my bottom 3 this week are Megan, Michael, and either Matt or Scott (based on the recaps at the end of the show).

No comments: