Monday, June 16, 2008

Just Another Manic Monday...

Wow, where has my Monday gone? Just a few little morsels for you today. I’m a bum, I admit it.

What’s worse than Friday the 13th? How about the Monday morning after?

I arrived at work this morning to learn that our server had been reconfigured over the weekend. Which meant all of my files (billing, statistical, monthly summaries) were basically inaccessible. Our tech guys would be along at some point to help us restore what we needed.

Screw that.

With the help of a co-worker, I was actually able to re-map the network drives to my computer and recover what I needed. Damn I’m good. (Don’t ask me how I did it, because even I still really don’t know)

Then I had actual work I had to do. For those who don’t know, I am a video conference coordinator for a major university (you know, I’ve always wanted to say that, I just hoped it might be in a letter to Penthouse Forum). We had a class that needed to connect up to another university this morning and of course, if something could go wrong, it did. The guys at the other end didn’t seem to think a test connection would be necessary when we set it up and so they never bothered to work with me on doing one. Yeah, you get the picture.

Still, the class met. The students could hear the presenter at the other site, but were relegated to staring at a blue screen the entire time (about 2 hours).

I have spent the rest of my day working with traffic exchange sites trying to get people over here. Then it occurs to me: “Shouldn’t I have some new content here for folks to read?” So here it is. Cheap, huh?

You come here and I tell you about my day. Not even a “Hi Honey, what’s for dinner?” first. You’re welcome.

Last week, I did an Ask Me Anything post. However as of Friday, there were no questions being asked. Today however, I saw something – A comment! Yay! A true FIRST!!! It was an interesting question and I will make a point to answer that question in this week’s installment of Ask Me Anything.

That about wraps things up for me today. Be sure and check back tomorrow. I don’t know what will be posted yet, but I’ll come up with something.

Have a great day!

No comments: