Friday, June 19, 2009

A Word of Caution...

If you had information that you truly believed somebody needed to know, yet you knew that the person who needed the info would not believe you for whatever reason, would you still try to tell them?

What if that information was vital to their well-being, their personal safety? What if you knew that someone was entering into what could potentially be a harmful, abusive relationship?

I know that the person I need to tell this to would not believe me. They would make excuses. They would tell me that I was imagining things, that I was just spitting out sour grapes, that I was obviously mistaken. Maybe I am mistaken, but wouldn't you prefer to err on the side of caution?

I have been wrong before, but over the past few years, I have turned out to be a fairly good judge of character. It was assumed however that I was just imagining it.

So let me just throw this out there and if the person who needs to know this is reading then they can take it for what its worth.

Watch your back. Please be careful. And please don't rush into doing something that you will likely regret a few months, if not years, down the road. Regardless of what you may think of me, regardless of what may have transpired, just know that I do care about you and your well being.

No comments: