Thursday, June 4, 2009

I'm a Viewer, Get Me Out of Here!

Is anybody still watching I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!?

Seriously, this show was mildly entertaining on Monday night when it began, but I think even the most casual viewer can see that they are just making things up as they go along. I didn't watch last night - 2 nights were enough for me - and although it really doesn't mean squat to me anymore, I'm hearing that last night's live portion of the show ended with the celebs taking a vote on whether or not the Bratts, er, Pratts (Heidi & Spencer) could return to the show after making what was probably their 27th exit in the first 2 episodes.

I have a major problem with this. These two act all high and mighty and think they are a couple of A-List celebs thrown in with some E-listers. They think they don't deserve to deal with such hardships (it's a jungle, hello!). Then they leave moments before a public vote is taken to see which of the remaining women will have to leave. This little maneuver of Speidi's removed Heidi from the risk of elimination (Patti B had already been saved by the men's team). Now that the public vote was taken, they want to come back? Bull Doggie Snot! If they get back onto the show, whichever woman that gets eliminated is going to have a legitimate beef with the way things are being allowed to run.

Now, that said, in the two nights that I did watch the show, I have to say I'm very impressed with Sanjaya Malakar (American Idol Season 6 contestant) and Patti B (wife of impeached Governor Rod Blagojevich) and how they've handled themselves. Sanjaya pretty much goes with the flow and I don't think he's complained once, even after he has been denied a bed twice. When I heard Patti was going to be on the show (her husband was the one NBC wanted, but the Feds wouldn't let him leave the country), I thought we would see some whiny, spoiled, aristocrat. But she has been nothing like that and lasted longer in the trauma tank Monday night than most of the other women.

Other thoughts? Post in the comments below...

No comments: