Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Changes Keep On A Comin'

I'm moving on.

No, this isn't going to be one of 'song lyric' blogposts. I've done very few of those in my history and I have promised myself I would stay away from those unless it was absolutely necessary.

Instead though, these words pertain to another change in my life.

For the 3rd time in about a year, I'm moving. Again.

God, I hate moving. All the packing and unpacking, hauling boxes, multiple trips back and forth from the house to the car, upstairs, downstairs, multiple trips from the old residence to the new one.

Not to mention the search for housing - finding one that fits with the family, will it have enough space, will the bedrooms be big enough? utilities? neighbors? Will the pizza delivery gal object if you open the door naked? (oh wait....)

But this is a move that I kind of anticipated would be coming anyway. With public school starting up in about a month, and one child still to put through, I decided I wanted to make this move before he started so that I wouldn't have to transfer him twice.

And its also important to find a landlord that will work with us on deposits and such since its coming up so quickly.

Fortunately, I believe I have found a place already. A lot of people were willing to help me with searching through classified ads and I'm eternally grateful for that. Unfortunately, there were various little things about most places we found that made me unable to apply for those places. One such problem was deposits. Not knowing how much money I would have available to work with basically left me working blind. So I placed a classified ad on Craigslist and was contacted by someone who had a place available in the school district I needed AND is willing to split the deposit up for me.

So last week, I went to see the place and I had no real complaints. Sure, its not the best place I could find. The carpets were dirty, the bedrooms were a bit small. But the rent is right, the deposit terms were right, and all in all, its not that bad of a place. I can see myself living there.

I will turn in my application with them on Wednesday along with my application fee and we'll go from there. Wish me luck!

No comments: