Thursday, September 18, 2008

An Orgasmic Science

Wow...its been a long time since I've posted! Sorry about that...life just sort of caught up with me after starting back to school. Which I really should blog about sometime.

But not today.

Today, I have something else to share...

Every now and then I get spam in my email where I look at the subject line, and say ok…fine, I’ll take a look at this one. So imagine my response when I received this lifescript newsletter with the subject line: In Pain? Have an Orgasm!

Just so I don’t get in trouble for plagiarism, here’s a link:

http://www.lifescript.com/channels/healthy_living/Womens_Health/in_pain_have_an_orgasm.asp?page=1


The article goes on to talk about women and orgasms. (Um…so why did they send this to me? Oh wait, it’s part of my How To…training. Shhh!!). Maybe its goodbye to that “Not tonight, I have a headache” excuse??

Here are a few excerpts and my comments:

For instance, women who liked vaginal stimulation were told that all orgasms are from clitoral stimulation, and we’ve found that’s not necessarily so. Clitoral stimulation is wonderful, but we’ve shown that women can have orgasms from many different forms of stimulation.

OK then. Sure, I can accept that. Lord knows I’ve seen enough movies, read enough news articles, written enough stories, read enough blogs to know that almost any object can become an object of stimulation for a woman, if need be.

Some women can experience orgasm with other body parts, like breast or neck stimulation, or even if no one touches them. In The Science of Orgasm we talk about how electrical stimulation of the brain can produce orgasm and how people can have orgasm during epileptic seizures.

Wait, what?? Epileptic seizures can induce an orgasm?? Electrical stimulation of the brain?? Sorry, those caught me off guard. But I will agree that orgasms can be brought on by contact with other body parts, not just genitalia, if the person knows how to just let their body go and let the experience flow through them. This is also true in men. I’ve always said there is more than one way to make love to someone and I have felt the euphoric rush from a passionate moment flow from my partner to me just from her hand touching my arm or shoulder.

The article then went on to talk about female ejaculation and the discovery of the “G” spot:

So a physician friend and I did 400 physical exams on women looking for this area of sensitivity and we found it in all of their vaginas, between 11 o’clock and 1 o’clock – if you’re lying on your back, 12 o’clock would be your belly button. We just went around the different spots of the vagina, stroking with a come here motion, and we asked, How does this feel? How does this feel? We’ve been lucky in terms of our research subjects. They’ve been very kind.

400 women?? Really?? I’m in the wrong line of work… Oh, but the main reason for posting the above paragraph was for the guys out there who just don’t know. Trust me, your woman will thank you. Or you can have her thank me. Either way, someone gets thanked. (Thanked, not spanked…well…unless you ask nicely maybe, I don’t know…)

But what about the part about being in pain? My neck, back, and feet are all really starting to bother me…

I knew that vaginal mechanical stimulation in rats produced a very strong pain-blocking effect, which was stronger than 10 milligrams of morphine per kilogram of body weight. That research was done by Dr. Barry Komisaruk and colleagues. I did my doctorate at the Institute of Animal Behavior. I was the only one who did human research there. We built a human physiology lab there, and that’s where we did the studies to see if the same thing would happen with stimulation of the G spot.We found that pressure on the G spot elevated pain thresholds by over forty-seven percent and pleasurable stimulation increased it by more than eighty percent. When women had orgasms, their pain thresholds went up by more than one hundred and eight percent. And there was no change in tactile or touch thresholds, which means it’s not a distractor and it’s not anesthetic. It’s an analgesic [something that alleviates pain, as opposed to causing loss of feeling in an area].

Interesting, but I’m betting a BDSM session didn’t break out….wonder how long this pain relief lasts?

I’ve studied whiplash pain, arthritis pain, post-operative pain, labor pain. The pain relief doesn’t last a long time. Only about eight to ten minutes

Damn…guys, hope you’re quick at recovery! If not, better invest in Duracell.

We use something called the Extra-Genital Matrix to help women map their bodies and to find different touches that are pleasurable to them. We list thirty-six body parts [from the scalp to the toes] and fifteen types of touch [from stroking to spanking, sucking to nipping]. We encourage women to use a scale of one to ten – ten being ecstasy – for what feels good and use negative numbers if they don’t like something.

I’m really wishing I’d paid more attention to science back in school. Here that kids? Pay attention in class!!

Finally, the article offers this off the wall take on Dr. Seuss:

How Sexually Adventurous Are You?Would you, could you in the dark? Would you, could you in a park? How 'bout in a car? Or in the restroom of a crowded bar? Some women prefer their sex straightforward and uncomplicated - missionary with the lights out suits them just fine. Others, more daring in their escapades, aren't satisfied unless they're swinging from the ceiling. Just how sexually adventurous are you?

If you’d like to find out, you can take the quiz here:

http://www.lifescript.com/quiz/quiz.asp?bid=56954

So after reading through all of this scientific information about a woman’s ability to shoot for the stars, I see that no information was presented as to whether or not a blowjob will help me not feel the pain from my back trouble or the ache in my neck and shoulders. And maybe, just maybe, intentionally stubbing my toe on my way to the bedroom might not be such a good idea. Perhaps we should get a group together and perform our own experiments? We probably won’t be able to post the results at any type of science fair, but I doubt we’ll mind too much…Comments anyone?

No comments: